Wednesday 15 May 2013

Bout of Books Wednesday

TODAY WILL BE BETTER!
I have decided I WILL finish my book Dead and Gone by Charlaine Harris! and I WILL right a review about it by the end of the day/night AND I WILL have picked my next book!!!!

Now my little pep talk to myself is done will give my update


Books I've read from:  Shadow of Night by Deborah Harkness and Dead and gone by Charlaine Harris
Pages read today: 149  pages and 1hr20mins of audio books
Books finished today:  X
Running total:  1 books; 276 pages   
Non-reading progress: I went for my morning walk which gave me audio book time :D
Menu: Chai Tea, egg toast
Today #insixwords: *Rocky theme* training in use!

I went for my morning walk, so this gave me a good hour of Shadow of night which so far am enjoying though the newish "Tell Dianna what to do, and expect not argument" is bringing the feminist out in me that i didn't know i had. Which I suppose is the point, and what is the point in reading if it doesn't teach you something/evoke something in you. Though I have to admit that am loving the Elizabethan theme, it may be because of my love of history when I was a kid or the fact that I've secretly always wanted to time travel back then to see what it was really like, rather than what we interpret and assume.

Am also started to get the ball rolling on Dead and gone however I would be lying if I didn't say that am going to be upset when I run out :(

Final Update
Yesterday did in fact get better YAY! After my initial panic and worry about a Bookathon fail I managed to read 149 pages meaning for Thursday I only have to read 45 pages to finish my book and write the review :) I also didn't watch telly (okay one Grand designs) so really devoted myself to Bout of Books.
I also got to take part in my first challenge which is bellow this. Am actually really pleased with it since its the challenge and looking forward to Thursdays. 

Hows everyone getting on? Any suggestions for my next book?

~~Book Cover Challenge~~

So this is my first challenge of the Readathon. I chose the book Days of Blood & Starlight by Laini Taylor firstly because am a big fan of the series, and secondly it was one of the only books I could think of besides the obvious cover for Breaking Dawn.






I still prefer the original (Right) however am pleased with how my concept (Left) eventually turned out :)

How are you finding Bout of Books? Any tips?

4 comments:

  1. I didn't think Shadow of Night quite lived up to A Discovery of Witches, but I'm really looking forward to the third book. Glad you're liking it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a pretty cover! I wouldn't even know where to START so I didn't do that challenge in the end... Sounds like you had a really good reading day, I've been so slow it's pathetic really! Oh well, still the weekend left to go, plus this afternoon, so maybe I can claw it back a tiny bit before it's too late. *ties bandanna carefully around head and strikes a pose*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks :) I love paint on the comp, though it took me a while to work out how to do it, and nearly gave up several times! HEY you have a job, and have you know, things to do during the day, where as muggings over here atm reads most of the day, and feed the family the other part of it! * Stern face, sautes you in military fashion*

      Delete
  3. I like the redesign. I love the night sky on book covers. Good luck with the rest of the read-a-thon!

    ReplyDelete